Day Activities Kit List
What to Bring
To make the most of your time on your Stramash course, it is important you bring the right things with you. Below is a suggested list of things to wear and take with you. If you have any questions, please contact the Stramash office.
- Trousers for doing activities in- loose fitting or stretchy ones are the best, like tracksuit trousers (don’t bring jeans- they are restrictive and don’t dry out)
- Warm long-sleeved tops- it can still be cold in the summer
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (not needed for surfing and dinghy sailing courses)
- A complete change of clothes
- 2 sets of footwear- a “wet” pair and a “dry” pair
- For all land based activities please bring midge repellent or a midge net or both! Avon “Skin so Soft” is good as it doesn’t have too many chemicals in it.
- Sun protection cream- we recommend at least Factor 15
- Sun glasses or cap are a good idea
- If you wear spectacles bring a string to tie them on with (includes sunglasses)
- Towel for all water activities
- Poly bag to put wet/muddy clothes in
- For water activities wear a swimming costume under your clothes
- Any medication you need
- Packed lunch and non fizzy drink for lunch time. Please bring at least one litre to drink in a screw top drinks bottle – not cans.
Transport is only available on some of our day courses. Details of any transport are given on the website. If unsure, please contact the Stramash office.
Start and Finish Details
These are also given on the website. If unsure, please phone.
Mobile Phones and Electronic Equipment
Stramash does not permit any participant to take mobile phones or any other electronic equipment on these courses. The aim of Stramash courses is to leave behind as much of the busyness of everyday life as possible. Due to the nature of the environment we will be in, the equipment is also likely to get broken or damaged. All our instructors carry a phone in case of emergencies, so there is no need for anyone else to take one.
Therefore, to avoid any embarrassment, please do not bring mobile phones or electronic equipment.
Emergency During a Trip
If your family needs to get a message to you in the case of an emergency while you are on a course, they must telephone the Stramash office on 01631 566080. Outwith office hours an answer phone will give an alternative number to call. Please note: this service is for genuine emergencies only.
We hope you have a fantastic trip with us. If you have any questions please do contact us.
and receive details of courses, Stramash news, exciting offers and opportunities.